The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading business news and information organizations, recognized throughout the global business community for its authority, integrity and accuracy. The company publishes both a newspaper and an online site, with a combined paid print and digital circulation of more than 585,000. Customers can choose to subscribe to the print version, digital site or a bundled package that includes both.
The Financial Times had been contacting its current and past subscribers by mail for renewals and bill payments, and wanted to be able to contact them by email as well.
The Financial Time aimed to:
- Obtain valid email addresses for current and past subscribers to its newspaper and digital site.
- Save money on repeat postal mailings for renewals and billing
- Ensure customers gave permission to be contacted by email
“The relationship with AtData has been nothing but positive. They’ve made sharing data so streamlined, simple and seamless.”
— Elizabeth Galietto, Email Marketing Manager at The Shubert Company
The Financial Times used AtData’s Email Appending service to add email addresses to its postal list.
As a result:
- AtData increased the percentage of Financial Times’ customer emails on file from 28% to 65% over time.
- The Financial Times saved an estimated $0.50 for each renewal letter or invoice it did not have to send
- Email Appending provided a database of email subscribers for winback and other marketing efforts.