❯ AtData Services ❯ Email Verification
When running the validation process, there may be times you want to make an exception to allow a specific email address, email handle or email domain to be processed or to block one from being processed.
Review the details below to learn how to manage exceptions in the Instant Data interface.
Under the user profile in the top right, click “Validation Exceptions”.
You will see this screen below:
Click the blue Add Exception button on the right, and you will see the following:
As shown in the above screenshot, changes may take up to 5 minutes to propagate.
Three are 3 Exception Types
- USERNAME – the handle portion of an email address, before the @
- DOMAIN – the domain portion of an email address, after the @
- EMAIL – the full email address
There are 2Exception Actions:
- ALLOW – Treat emails that match as valid
- BLOCK – Treat emails that match as invalid
The Value should correspond to the exception type options above.
Here are some examples:
- Exception Type = Username, Exception Action = Block, Value = “smartypants”: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com would both be blocked.
- Exception Type = Domain, Exception Action = Allow, Value = “amazingdomainname.com”: The amazingdomainname.com would be treated as valid and AtData will verify mailboxes for that domain.
- Exception Type = Email, Exception Action = Allow, Value = “firstname.lastname@example.org” – This full email address would be allowed.