Creating compelling messaging that motivates buyers to take action is only one part of the email marketing equation. Another vital component is expanding the audience for those messages. In the past, we revealed five easy ways to grow your email list.
Here, we expand upon those ideas, with more ways to successfully grow your email list.
- Try something unexpected. While popup windows are not for everyone, they work for certain industries and target audiences. Instead of hitting visitors as they enter the site, allow them to digest an article, and two-thirds of the way down (once you know they are interested in the topic), provide an opportunity for them to receive more information by signing up for email.
- Leverage multiple touch points. Customers today engage with your organization across an increasing number and variety of channels. Using these mediums and creating an integrated campaign that spans both on and offline channels can increase sales and reduce costs while opening up your marketing message to a larger audience.
- Make messages easy to share. When crafting marketing emails, be sure to encourage subscribers to share and make it easy for them to do so. Include Forward to a Friend (FTAF) and Share With Your Network (SWYN) links in all of your emails, not just marketing promotions.
- Get creative. Try naming your newsletter something noteworthy and attention-grabbing. Make sure you are offering information your audience can use to solve their problems in an entertaining way. Do not make it product centric, but make it fitting to your product or service. When readers find themselves attracted to what your newsletter has to offer, they will be happy to hand over their email addresses for more information. This goes for all your content.
- Create CTAs for your website. When someone visits your website, make it easy for them to join your email list. Create a compelling CTA for your homepage, and put additional CTAs on high-traffic pages. Your CTAs should clearly communicate why someone should sign up and what kind of content – and how often – they’ll get in their inbox.
- Offer an incentive. Who doesn’t love free things? Include an enticing offer on your site CTAs and corresponding landing page. Maybe it’s a free e-book, template or other useful download.
- Include signup opportunities on your thank you and confirmation pages. Thank you and confirmation pages are great places to include a CTA to sign up for your emails. You know your audience is already interested in your content because they have expressed an interest by filling out a form, so why not give them the opportunity to become a subscriber?
- Take it offline. If you’re attending an event, bring a tablet with you and ask people to sign up for your emails when they visit your booth. Or, if you’re a retailer, include a tablet at the checkout counter and encourage customers to enter their information.
- Use an email append service. A fast and effective way to increase the size of your email database is to enlist the help of an email append service provider. Email append can match up your postal address list with corresponding email addresses, which helps you reach a group of buyers that already has a vested interest in your product or service.To learn more, click here.
Want even more ideas on how to grow your email list? Download our free guide, “20 Great Ways to Grow Your Email List,” today!
photo credit: Leo Reynolds via photopin