If we were asked to boil down email marketing into eight words or less, we would say: Right People + Right Message + Right Time = Email ROI. Unfortunately, accomplishing this success is slightly more difficult than this statement might imply. However, if you have a reliable email intelligence partner, you’re already on your way to healthier email ROI.
On an elementary level, email intelligence involves the use of subscriber data to build relevance and trust. This data is used to segment your list (i.e., the right people), personalize your messages (i.e., the right message) and optimize your marketing across channels (i.e., the right place at the right time). Without this foundation of data, you’re operating in the dark.
Need more convincing on the incredible potential ROI of email intelligence? We’ll let the facts speak for themselves. Consider these statistics:
Email Segmentation: Send to the Right People
the days of batch-and-blast campaigns are long gone. Today, successful marketers use email intelligence to break down master lists into smaller segments so you can tailor the message to smaller, more targeted audiences.
The data says:
- 39% of email revenue is generated through targeted emails sent to specific segments. (DMA)
- 77% of email ROI comes from segmented, targeted and triggered campaigns. (DMA)
- Segmentation drives 23% of email engagement. (Marketo)
- 84% of marketers who use segmentation rate their email ROI as good or excellent (Econsultancy)
Top criteria for segmenting your list:
- Purchase history
- Email interaction
- Organizational function/job title
- Social media activity
Personalization: Send the Right Message
With so much information about your customers available at your fingertips, there’s simply no excuse for not using data insights to tailor your messages. Personalization can make the difference between best-in-class and also-ran.
- 60% of consumers feel more positively about a brand when they receive personalized messages. (Adobe)
- 59% of consumers who have experienced personalization believe it has a noticeable influence on purchasing. (Infosys)
- 31% of consumers wish their shopping experience was more personalized than it currently is. (Infosys)
- 88 percent of marketers who use personalization says it has a high impact on ROI and engagement. (eConsultancy)
Top elements for personalization:
- Offers and promotions
- Product recommendations
Cross-Channel Optimization: Send at the Right Time
Real-time customer insights and engagement across all channels of operation are not just icing on the cake anymore-they’re expected. Customers no longer make their purchasing decisions in a straightforward, linear manner. Today, decisions are made in a circuitous route, and you need to leverage as much data as possible to ensure customers receive the same message regardless of channel or device.
- 46% of consumers say they would buy more from retailers that personalized the shopping experience across channels. (eMarketer)
- 90% of retailers believe consistency across their brand’s engagement points impacts customer loyalty. (Infosys)
- 45% of marketers state that communicating consistently with customers across all channels is a top goal. (Forrester)
- 36% of US organizations interact with customers and prospects in five or more channels. (Experian)
Top channels to integrate with email:
- Online marketing (i.e. website and banner ads)
- Social networking sites
- Direct mail
Ultimately, email intelligence allows you to leverage your data to retain existing customers, attract new customers and build long-term, profitable relationships. In order to increase your ROI, you must be committed to not only obtaining and interpreting data, but also applying it to your email marketing strategy.
Email intelligence can make an impact in your business, improve your marketing initiatives and help increase revenue. Contact us today!