Email marketing provides marketers a direct line of communication for conversion to sales. It is also cost-effective, which is why email is an increasing part of marketers’ budgets. But even the most carefully thought-out email marketing strategy will fail if emails sent don’t reach their intended subscribers due to data entry errors and frequent changes of address. You also have to contend with ISPs monitoring your email sending reputation to determine whether your messages should be delivered to the inbox, the spam folder or be blocked entirely.
Making sure you’re working from a clean email list can vastly improve your chances of success. Email Validation, the newest weapon being used to combat dirty email lists, can help you:
- Reduce bounce rate. By removing invalid email addresses from your list-or preventing them from being there in the first place-a higher percentage of your emails will be delivered.
- Avoid spam traps and reduce complaints. Avoiding people who will mark your emails as spam and steering clear of spam traps that can get you blacklisted will lower your complaint rate.
- Improve open, click and response rates. Reducing bounces and complaints, the principal factors that impact your email reputation, will result in more of your messages being delivered into the inbox and opened by your subscribers.
- Correct data entry errors. Fixing syntax and spelling errors in your database or as they’re entered on your website recovers lost leads and improves customers’ experience.
- Cut mailing costs. If you use an Email Service Provider (ESP) to send your email, fewer messages sent by using a clean list directly translate to lower costs. Improved deliverability also means less management and fewer headaches associated with mailings.
- Generate more qualified leads. Validating emails in real-time when they’re entered on your website stops user errors and ensures you capture accurate data about your subscribers, enhancing data quality while increasing the number of people you can reach.
- Stop fraud. By implementing email validation at the point of entry, online businesses can prevent bogus and fraudulent addresses from bypassing your forms and compromising your security.
Can your email marketing list benefit from email validation? Download our free Email Validation whitepaper to learn more about the service.
Photo Credit: Bogdan Suditu
Talk with an Email Expert