A great email can transform a prospect into a customer or a loyal customer into a brand advocate. It has the power to alter relationships, inspire engagement and change the way your subscribers interact with your brand forever. That is, assuming the email gets delivered.
Email delivery is a challenge that’s long troubled even the most seasoned marketers. To help increase your delivery rate and ensure you complete the email marketing trifecta (right message, right person, right time), we’ve prepared an infographic.
Check out these four delivery tips to hit the mark each and every time.
4 Easy Delivery Tips You Can’t Afford to Miss
1. Proper Email Collection
- Use a multi-device email acquisition strategy
- Make it easy to subscribe
- Evaluate email collection processes
2. Ongoing Email Hygiene
- Regularly prune inactives
- Include email validation in your process
- Consider email activity metrics
3. Evaluate Performance of Data by Source
- Determine which sources yield the best contacts
- Keep email collection consistent across sources
- Cut sources that don’t produce
4. Be Wary of Acquired Lists
- Beware of buying lists
- Scrub newly acquired lists immediately
- Remember quality trumps quantity
Pro tip: If you acquire a product or a company, take on a new role or pick up a previously ignored list and do not know how well a list was managed, you should scrub the list using a validation tool immediately.
Ready to reduce complaints, bounces and spam trap hits? Get your free email address validation report today.