Expanding the email database is a top priority of all email marketers today. And while many remember to ask potential subscribers for the email addresses on landing pages, point-of-sale stations and during the e-commerce checkout process, there are other opportunities for capturing email addresses few pursue.
Check out these opportunities for growing your email database that you may just be missing!
- Employees. Don’t waste this golden opportunity; call center employees and sales staff should be trained to ask for email addresses while they have the attention of customers and prospects. Additionally, ask your employees to include a link to your subscription center in their email signature.
- Subscribe buttons. Be sure an invitation to subscribe for your newsletter, blog or other offering is prominently displayed on your home page, social media pages, postings, brochures and emails. Don’t forget important pages on your website, such as your About Us and Contact Us pages.
- Transactional emails. These include order confirmations, thank you notes, shipping notifications, customer service messages, information queries and download acknowledgements. Simply ask customers to subscribe to your newsletter every time you reach out to them. Provide compelling reasons for them to do so, along with intriguing incentives, like future discounts or free samples.
- Social Media. Social media sites-Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn -provide an excellent way to share valuable content and attract new subscribers. Showcase your newsletter content using social media and invite people to sign up for your email list or promote an offer that requires an email address for entry. And don’t forget to add a call to action at the end of your YouTube videos!
- Tradeshows. Attract people to your booth by holding a raffle for the latest tech toy and ask for the business card of everyone who participates. Send out a simple thank you or an invitation to receive a complimentary white paper or ebook to leads after a tradeshow-an effective way to encourage them to opt into your email list. Webinars. Host a webinar or live online event and include an email list subscription form as part of the sign-up process. After the event, send a follow-up offer to download a free ebook, whitepaper or video.
- Business Cards. Include a link to your subscription center on your company’s business cards. When speaking to customers or prospects on the phone, be sure your reps ask if they want to receive your emails.
Discover even more ways to expand your email database by downloading “20 Great Ways to Grow Your Email List” today!
photo credit: Sean MacEntee via photopin