Increasing the number of your email subscribers enables you to cast a wider net with your carefully crafted marketing messages. It can also substantially improve the effectiveness of your marketing efforts. While you understand the goal, the real challenge comes with the execution.
Here, we take a look at some ways you can boost the number of valid email addresses on your email list to significantly widen your reach.
- Provide valuable content. Free ebooks and whitepapers are appealing content for potential subscribers. Require subscribers to fill out a form with a mandatory email address field in order to receive the download. Make your content so intriguing your current subscribers will want to forward it to friends, family and colleagues.
- Make use of social media sign-on buttons. Including social sharing buttons in your emails encourages readers to forward to friends or share on social channels with just the click of a button. Take it a step further: Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn all offer APIs that enable visitors to sign up via their social media accounts. In the process, you get their email addresses.
- Make it easy to subscribe. When visitors forward your content to others via email or social networks, include a form or link that makes it easy for recipients to sign up. Try a “Subscribe Now” button or call to action in a bright color.
- Don’t forget print. On your direct mail pieces, brochures, business cards, and other print collateral include a URL and, if you can, a QR code that leads to the opportunity to subscribe to your email communications. If your audience is still receiving paper newsletters or statements, encourage them to sign up for the digital version-you can gain more emails and the Earth can keep a few more trees.
- Find a partner. Joining forces with similar websites or newsletters allows subscribers to join your list or vice versa, making it a mutually beneficial way to amp up subscriber lists. This allows you to collect email addresses and interested visitors from a fresh, new source.
Check back next time when we discuss even more ways to grow your email list. In the meantime, download our free guide, “5 Easy Ways to Take Your Email List to the Next Level.”
photo credit: socialBedia via photopin